Our annual school Parent Survey was distributed in December 2020, at the end of our first full term back in school after Lockdown 1. A big thank you to all those families who completed the form. We received 21 responses, approximately one third of our families. It is essential to us that we consult with parents regarding our practice. The views of parents and carers are important in helping us offer the best possible opportunities for the children in our care, and to help shape the future direction of the school.
We have now analysed the replies and once again it is encouraging to see such positive comments regarding the quality of education and care we provide for the pupils Flintham Primary School. The results show that school is a safe, positive and happy place for children to learn and grow and there is great confidence in the standard of education that our children receive during their educational journey with us.
Each response represents approximately 5% of the total number of responses or 1% of parents. Of the 17 questions asked, 11 achieved a result of between 90% -100% or 19/21. either strongly agreeing or agreeing that:
• children are happy at school
• children enjoy coming to school
• children feel safe in school
• children are taught well
• children are well looked after
• school deals effectively with bullying
• children are well behaved
• school is well led and managed
• newsletters /all other forms of communication are helpful and informative
• the school is well thought of in the local community
• parents are encouraged to take an active part in their children’s education Areas achieving less than 100%
• appropriate amount of homework (85%) and valuable information from the school about my child’s progress (85%)
• governors are a visible part of the school team (65%) • school responds well to concerns a parent raises (85%)
• I would recommend FPS to another parent (85%)
As a staff we always strive to improve and we will be looking at the areas where we scored less than 100%
Please access the FPS Parental Survey Analysis 2020-2021 and read the wonderful comments parents made regarding Flintham Primary School.